Be A Better Beauty Shopper: 5 Easy Tips

Hey, beautiful!

Today’s post is going to be all about makeup shopping, mindful and smart shopping that is! From time to time we all love to go out and splurge on something nice and more often than not, we find ourselves shopping for makeup we don’t really need… Tackling this little habit of ours in a smart way will help us save some money and frustration.




Being a good beauty shopper is all about being smart when it comes to it, it’s all about figuring out if the product we’re about to buy is something we really need or if it’s just a compulsive buy, and much more… Keep on reading if you want to learn 5 easy tips on how to be a better beauty shopper!

1. Read reviews: whether it is a drugstore lipstick that you’re planning on buying or a high-end foundation, do your research! For example, find reviews done by people with a similar skin type as yours if it’s a foundation or a cream/moisturizer you’re wanting to buy. If the reviews on a product are mostly negative, chances are the product is not so good; if the reviews are mostly positive, go for it! Doing my research on products I buy, drugstore and high-end, has been very helpful to me… I’d say maybe 1 or 2 products that I’ve ever bought have not worked for me but they mostly all have!

2. Take samples: if reading reviews is not your thing or maybe you don’t have the time for it and a sample-size of the product you want to buy is available, try it out! Most beauty counters and department stores have samples to give out if you ask, so try it out for a few days and see how it works for you before buying the real thing.

3. Save vs. Splurge: there are lots of high-end products that have cheaper dupes available at the drugstore (sometimes they even turn out to be better!), so go for them instead! Sometimes there’s absolutely no comparison to the real deal, but if a cheaper alternative is out there, go for it.

4. A deal is your BFF: check for special in-store and online offers that include a certain dollar amount off, price-check in-store and online prices and sales (they sometimes vary one from the other). Also, different stores may have different prices on the product you’re looking for, so check that before buying it where you see it first!

5. Know what works for you: while stepping out of your comfort zone when it comes to makeup is fun, don’t buy something you know for sure you’re never going to use. Also, this goes back to the reviews tips, don’t buy something that isn’t meant for your skin type as much as you would love for it to work on you… Making these types of buys will only frustrate you, you’ll end up buying products that will be forever put away and you’ll waste money.

That’s it for this blog post! I hope these 5 tips help you next time you want to buy a makeup product, I know they’ve really helped me throughout the last years.

Be sure to share other tips with all of us if you have them and leave a comment below if you have any requests for future blog posts!

Bye, beautiful!

Twitter: @stephanieccls

Comments

  1. LOVE all these tips! I literally always read reviews before I buy anything, I think it's good to get some opinions before spending your money.

    Catherine xx
    www.youwishyou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked this post(: And yes, it's always good to know what you're spending your money on!

      Delete
  2. Great tips! I have so many post-buy regrets with impulse purchases!
    Imogen’s Typewriter. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Hahaha. I've done a couple of impulse purchases in the past when I didn't do reviews beforehand and I so regret some of the things I bought... Researching a product before buying it helps a lot(: Glad you liked this post<3

      Be sure to give the blog a follow with GFC and on Bloglovin' so you don't miss out on new posts!

      Delete
  3. Great post. I too make impulse purchases that I never use. I will never learn!
    Rachel x
    www.heartoceansecrets.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope these tips are helpful to you then next time an impulse purchase comes to mind(: Hahaha.

      Be sure to follow my blog here on GFC and on Bloglovin' so you don't miss out on any new blog posts!

      Delete
  4. Hey.. You have been awarded a Liebster award!
    —DT
    Here I Scribble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Will check out your post for the questions(;

      Be sure to follow my blog here on GFC and on Bloglovin' so you don't miss out on any new blog posts!

      Delete
  5. Hey! You are nominated for the Liebster Award, a bloggers award! Found your blog via Here I Scribble!
    Do check this out: http://www.fabulus1710.blogspot.in/2015/04/my-first-blogger-award.html
    Thanks!
    Mithila @fabulus1710

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mithila! I'll head there to check out the questions for the post(;

      Be sure to follow my blog here on GFC and on Bloglovin' so you don't miss out on any new blog posts!

      Delete
  6. These are great tips! I have to say that I think shopping is something I have gradually got better at over the years!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment