Essential Makeup Brushes

Hey, beautiful!

One of the most common beauty questions I get asked, used to ask myself and see that people ask frequently is “What are the most essential and basic brushes I need to start a collection?”.

I think it’s better to have a few, basic and essential brushes you can use for a lot of different things than a lot of brushes you bought on a crazy-big set that you don’t even know what they’re for. Here, I’ll be giving you a list of the most basic and essential brushes everyone should have and base their collections on:

Face


1. Foundation brush: a synthetic brush with flexible bristles and tapered edges to reach all contours of the face.

*Use it to:
-Apply liquid or cream foundations.
-Apply and blend cream blushes and check stains.

2. Blush brush: a soft, medium-full round brush.

*Use it to:
-Apply loose or pressed powder blush.
-Apply highlighter (with the very tip of the brush).

3. Bronzer brush: a big, fluffy brush with loosely packed bristles.

*Use it to:
-Apply loose or pressed bronzing powders.
-Apply powder foundations and setting powders.

4. Concealer/Lip brush: a synthetic brush with bristles that come to a soft point.

*Use it to:
-Apply concealer.
-Put on lipsticks (be sure to clean in between uses).

Eyes

1. Eyeshadow brush: a tapered, flat brush.

*Use it to:
-Apply eye shadow to eyelid and crease.

2. Eyeshadow blending brush: a small, fluffy brush with a rounded tip.

*Use it to:
-Diffuse and blend shadows.

3. Smudger: a small, flat brush with densely packed bristles.

*Use it to:
-Smudge out eyeliner and eyeshadows.

4. Slanted brush: an angled, more narrowed brush with slightly rounded edges.

*Use it to:
-Apply shadows that require a more precise and controlled application.

I hope this blog post was helpful and that if you’re starting a makeup/brush collection, you now know what some of the most basic brushes that will help you slowly build a great collection are.

Bye, beautiful!

Twitter: @stephanieccls
Follow my blog with Bloglovin’

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. They are! I tried to narrow it down the most basic brushes and a few that can serve multiple uses(: I hope you liked the post!

      Delete
  2. Great post. I myself am starting to hoard brushes atm xD
    Eleanor -
    https://elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Well, if you're starting your own brush collection then I hope this post was helpful(: Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete

Post a Comment