How To: Moisturize Oily Skin

Hey, beautiful!

Before we begin with 2015's first blog post, I want to wish you all a very happy New Year! I hope 2014 treated you well and that 2015 is even better, filled with lots of happiness and love... I hope all of your dreams come true this year. Thank you for making 2014 such a great year for me, for your support all throughout the year and for allowing me to share my experiences with all of you. Let's continue to share amazing moments this year!

Today’s blog post is one that I think will be helpful to a lot of you out there… I’m going to be giving you some tips on how to moisturize oily skin and how to avoid getting that grease look everyone with oily skin despises.

I have combination to oily skin myself, and a lot of times I think “Why use a heavy moisturizer? That will only make me look like a grease ball.” But the truth is, moisturizers will hydrate your skin on a deeper level and it won’t make you extra oily if you use the right one; even the oiliest of skins can experience some dryness.

Even more so now that we're experiencing some cold weather these months, it's very important to moisturize so we don't have a dull-looking complexion. We need to make sure we have a perfectly glowing complexion all year round! Let’s get started with this blog post...

*Moisturizing is a must: like I said before, moisturizing should be a very important step in your routine even if you have oily skin and think you don’t need it! However, the moisturizer you pick out and how strong/concentrated it is should depend on how oily your skin is. Just try out different products and see which one works best for you.

*Use an oil-free moisturizer: normal moisturizers, which are oil-based, will be too heavy for oily skin and they can also give you a feeling of extra oiliness.

*Look for products with oil-control: mattifying products that have anti-shine ingredients will do the work; these products absorb oil and give you a matte look, meaning they won't reflect the light that hits your face.

If you have oily skin and maybe have some issues finding the right moisturizer and skin routine that suits you best, I hope this blog post was helpful. Finding the right moisturizer and, overall, skincare products that work for you, is all about trying different things and testing them out for some time!

As I mentioned earlier, I have oily skin… So if you want to check out my morning and night time skin care routine to see what products I use and if they could help you out with your oily skin, feel free to check them out!

Bye, beautiful!

Twitter: @stephanieccls

Comments

  1. Great post :) I lightly moisturise before bed each night as I am prone to a little bit of oily skin, it's done wonders for me x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it(: Me too, I have oily to combination skin. I apply a good moisture for the night and a light one in the morning! Thanks for reading<3

      Delete
  2. I have oily/combo skin too and it is really important to moisturise even if you don't think you need it! Great post :)

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! It is very important(; I'm glad you liked this post<3

      Delete

Post a Comment