5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Acne

Hey, beautiful!

In today’s blog post you’re going to find 5 facts you probably didn’t know about acne, knowing about them will help you tackle acne faster when you have it and prevent it before it happens!



Here on my blog there a few posts about acne, but since it’s an issue that the majority of people have, I want to help you all and give you tips and tricks so you can be on top of it and know how to tackle the problem before it gets worse. Let’s get started!

1. Sun exposure worsens the problem: contrary to popular belief, a little time in the sun will not make your zits disappear; it will only darken the skin around your acne and reduce the redness for a short period of time. Don’t count the sun as your friend if you have acne-prone skin as the UV rays will cause moisture loss, thus causing your skin to produce excess oil that leads to clogged pores and breakouts. This is why you should always wear sunscreen!

2. Everyday things are to blame: things such as your laundry and your pillowcase can be causing breakouts. Your pillowcase, for example, absorbs the oil from your face and hair at night, which is the perfect place for bacteria to develop and clog your pores; the same goes for the towels you use to pat-dry your face. Make sure you wash these at least once a week with hot water to kill all of the bacteria.

3. Sugar and dairy are not proven causes: although these two are not proved to cause acne, they won’t benefit your skin either. Keep these at bay and eat more vitamin-packed foods!

4. Water won’t cure the problem: although drinking lots of water won’t make your acne disappear, aside from the obvious effects like hydration, it will help nutrients and vitamins flow, which will allow your skin to function properly and combat whatever may be causing your acne.

5. Moisturizer is always a must: even if you have oily or acne-prone skin and think you don’t need it, don’t ever skip the moisturizer! Acne products contain ingredients that dry out your skin (which then leads to excessive production of oil, clogged pores and more acne), so choose an oil-free moisturizer and pack it on!

I’m currently having some breakouts so I’m definitely going to be taking these pointers into consideration! I hope this post was helpful to you as well.

If you want to read other posts I've done about acne, here's one filled with DIY acne treatment masks, here's a DIY to made acne scars fade faster, and here's one with tips on how you can prevent breakouts!

Be sure to let me know in the comments section below if you have any requests!

Bye, beautiful!

Twitter: @stephanieccls

Comments

  1. I've been suffering with stubborn acne almost a year now and it's so hard to feel comfortable in my skin! It's so frustrating especially when you aren't sure what the trigger is, so this is a great post to help narrow down the case of acne.

    Catherine xx
    www.youwishyou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been there where I haven't been comfortable in my own skin even when I have just a couple of pimples, but changing my diet for the better and drinking lots of water has sure helped me! I'm so happy to know this post was helpful to you(:

      Be sure to give my blog a follow with GFC and on Bloglovin' so you don't miss out on new posts!

      Delete
  2. I love this post. Especially the bit about pillow cases and towels. I am SO guilty of waiting too long to wash... And it wrecks havoc on skin!
    x Julia
    Peyton McKee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked this post! Be sure to wash them regularly then(:

      Give my blog a follow with GFC and Bloglovin' so you can keep up to date with new posts and don't miss out on any!

      Delete
  3. Recently my skin has been pretty good, I've heard about the pillow cases and towels but never the sun! I thought it helped dry the spot out causing it to disappear, guess I shall be applying sunscreen more now! Great post!

    Jadie | www.jadiespillett.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no no! Hahaha. The sun is really damaging, I used to think it could help too, but it doesn't(; And I'm happy to hear you liked the post<3

      Be sure to give my blog a follow with GFC and Bloglovin' so you can keep up to date with new posts and don't miss out on any!

      Delete
  4. Great post! I have had acne for 10 years because of hormones. But I do find that all of the tips you mentioned above are useful. When I started following all of them a while back I noticed a huge difference in my skin! Looking forward to more posts:)

    Www.taylorpiebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment